Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 25, 2014, Camden Yards (Baltimore). Orioles vs Indians, Mother's Federal Hill and Rip-Cord Bracelet Give-A-Way.

On Sunday May 25, 2014, I attended the Orioles game vs the Cleveland Indians.  I arrived at the parking lot around opening time just after 10 AM. I arrived at the stadium earlier than normal since across the street at M&T bank stadium the NCAA Lacrosse finals were being held, and they used the same parking lot for attendees of both the Lacrosse game and Orioles game (I knew traffic would get bad and parking would be tough if I waited till closer to game time).

Since I arrived so early I decided I would go to a great breakfast location in Federal Hill, Mother's (http://www.mothersgrille.com/mothers-federal-hill-grille).  I've been here before, and this bar is a great bar for any Orioles or Ravens fan. Its also just a short walk from the stadium down hamburg street, and convenient if you are parking in Lot G or F.

Upon arrival I figured I would start the morning off right with a Pitcher of Mimosa (which was reasonable at $12 for about 4-5 glasses worth of drinks).

Pitcher of Mimosa

Their breakfast menu at Mother's is great.  I've gotten the Crab and Shrimp omelet previously and wanted to try something new. This time I got the Tipitina's Crab & Shrimp Quesadilla. The quesadilla had scrambled eggs, crab, shrimp, cedar cheeses with fresh cilantro. 

Tipitina's Crab & Shrimp Quesadilla

The food was excellent.  I also ordered a side of home fries which is also always great at mothers. Most of Mother's breakfast items are around $10-!5, the quesadilla was $15. I know I'll be back to this place as I have to try some of their other breakfast items (and even lunch items) such as the Crab McMothers which is two petite crab cakes on english muffins with poached eggs, old bay & hollandaise (sounds awesome).

I arrived at the stadium right about when the gates opened at 11:30 AM.  Today the Orioles were giving away a Orioles Rip Cord Bracelet to the first 20,000 fans 15 and over. 

Orioles Rip-Cord Bracelet

The weather was perfect for the game and I was hoping I would see the first Sunday home win of the season. Lucky for me I did get to see the Orioles beat the Indians 4-2.  Gonzalez started out by giving up 2 runs in the first inning, but luckily he would be lights out for the rest of the game. The Orioles were able to score a run in the 2nd and 3rd inning tying the game up in the third. Manny Machado and Nelson Curz both hit homers in the bottom of the 5th, giving the Orioles the lead 4-2. 

The O's ended the game 4-2  with Zach Britton picking up a save and Gonzalez with his 3rd win.

5/25/14 Orioles vs Indians Game Day Picture




No comments:

Post a Comment