Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 1, 2014, Nationals Park (DC). Nationals vs Rangers, Gourmet Sandwiches by Mike Isabella.

On Sunday June 1, 2014, I attended the Nationals game vs the Texas Rangers at Nationals Park.  It was signature Sunday so I got to the gate early like normal (i.e., 10 AM).  I was literally the 2nd person in line, and waited till the gates opened at 11AM (I did get my Signature Voucher...they tend to go within the first 10-15mins of the gate being opened). 

View of Filed for "Batting Practice" Area


Today was also a give-a-way for kids, but unfortunately they had to give out vouchers for the Socks since something happened with the vendor (some sort of shipping issue). I wasn't too concerned since they were for only 13 and under. 

After entering the stadium I got my signature voucher and went over to the concourse around Center Field on the 100 levels (the part that was opened). MASN (the Nationals Local TV Broadcast Partner) was giving out free T-shirts if you joined them on Twitter.  I of course had to get the free T-Shirt (frequently other companies are at this location pre-game with freebies).

MASN Free Nationals T-Shirt
After getting my free T-Shirt I went up to the 200 level to get a $6 Happy Hour beer at the bar and wait till 12:00 when the seating dome opened for to access the Dugout area for my signature voucher.   I got my signature around 1PM after waiting in line.  My autograph was from Livan Hernandez, who I believe is working with the Nationals as a Coach. 

Line for Signature Sunday

Livan Hernandez Signed Ball #61
After getting my signature from Livan Hernandez, I tried a fairly new sub place a fellow fan recommended while I was waiting in line for my signature. The place was called "G by Mike Isabella" (G for Gourmet Sandwiches).  The stand was located on the lower level in the 130 area section.

G By Mike Isabella Stand
The sandwich I got was "The Drewno" which includes house kielbasa sausage, roast beef, and sauerkraut at about $14.

The "Drewno"
The "Drewno"
The Drewno was a good sub. The sub was super crunchy with the kielbasa, sauerkraut and other vegetables in the sub.  It was a unique taste and was enjoyable.  My only complaint is $14 is a little much for a sub, even at the Stadium. 

The game was a close game.  It went 0-0 till the seventh inning (a great pitching match up). Then the Rangers scored a run in the 7th and 8th. The game ended with the Nationals 0, Rangers 2. 








No comments:

Post a Comment