Friday, April 11, 2014

April 11, 2014 - Introduction



I figure I should start this blog by letting everyone know a little about myself.  I am a life long Orioles fan.  I have followed the Orioles since my youngest memories.  I was a fan during the Orioles streak of under .500 ball (i.e., the 14 year streak from 1998 through 2011).  Thankfully, over the past 2 seasons the Orioles have been over .500 and were in playoff contention in 2012 and 2013.  I'm also generally a fan of baseball.  I've started to follow the Nationals since they are the next closest team and are in the National League.  Over the last year or so I've enjoyed several games at Nationals Park.

My goal of this blog is to let fellow fans of baseball, the Orioles, and the Nationals see some fun places to visit around and in the ball park during their trip to the stadium.  I consider myself a local to Baltimore (I was born there and live only 15 minutes away) and get to visit DC on a regular basis (I work right out side the Nation's capitol).  As such, I want to share a local perspective of bars, restaurants and other local attractions to people who may not be locals or are unfamiliar with the area.  I realize I am fortunate to live so close to two baseball stadiums and get to visit multiple games each year (which others may not have the luxury of doing). 

So, I plan to start off the blog for the 2014 baseball season.  The first game I will begin the blog journey on is the Orioles home game on Sunday April 13, 2014 against the Toronto Blue Jays.  I've already attended both the Orioles and Nationals opening day, as well as one other game at each stadium.  I'm hoping to get great usage out of my Orioles partial season plan (13 game plan) and Nationals mini-plan (also 13 games).

I hope you look forward to the journey in and outside the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment