Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 13, 2014, Camden Yards (Baltimore). Orioles vs Tigers, Cruz T-Shirt Give-A-Way.

On May 13, 2014, I decided to attend the Orioles vs Tigers game, partially since it was a Nelson Cruz T-shirt give-a-way (every attendee got one).  I almost didn't attend since the next day I would be leaving for London.  I arrived at the stadium and the weather was perfect. Being a Tuesday game it was fairly empty and I decided to stop by Stuggy's at Camden Yards to try the Breakfast Dog.  I previously talked about Stuggy's on my April 26, 2014 post regarding the Crab Mac n Cheese dog. 

Stuggy's Breakfast Dog
The Breakfast Dog had egg, cheese, bacon and of course a hot dog.  The hot dog was good, I really enjoyed the crunchy bacon.  If I had to choose between Stuggy's hot dog I'd take the Crab Mac n Cheese Dog over the Breakfast dog any day.  They are both the same price at about $8, and are both worth a try. 

Since it was Tuesday, the crowd wasn't very large.  The picnic area was also open so prior the the Seating area was open I hung out in the picnic section of Camden Yards near Center Field (frequently this area is closed when a group rents out the area for game day festivities). 

Picnic Area in Camden Yards
The game started out well for the Orioles and they took an early 1-0 lead in the first inning. Ubaldo Jimenez probably pitched his best game of the season with seven scoreless innings and seven strikeouts. 

The Orioles entered the 9th inning with a 1-0 lead and Tommy Hunter came in.  Tommy got two outs in the top of the 9th but two men reached base. Miquel Cabreara came up and hit a 3-run homer. Victor Martinez would also homer in the top of the 9th.

Orioles lost 4-1.

Least I got my CRUUUUUUUUZ shirt. 

Nelson Cruz T-shirt Give-a-way


No comments:

Post a Comment