Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 13, 2014, Camden Yards (Baltimore). Orioles vs Yankees, and Abbey Burger Bistro

On Sunday July 13, 2014, I attended the Orioles vs Yankees game in Camden Yards.  Today's game was a prime time 8:05 game so I had plenty of time to pre-game in Federal Hill.  I decided to go to one of my favorite burger places in Federal Hill (which apparently is loved even by the Oriole's Adam Jones, and Brian Matusz).

Abbey Burger Bistro (http://www.abbeyburgerbistro.com) is located in Federal Hill by the Cross Street Market.  They have excellent burgers and I've been here several times.  I was stoked it was an 8PM game since normally I can't go here on Sundays since they don't open till noon on Sundays (an hour before most Orioles Sunday games).

Abbey Venison Burger and Tater Tots

When I got to Abbey Burger it was packed since the World Cup Final was playing (the bar is a big soccer bar).  Luckily it was coming towards the end of the World Cup and I got to see Germany win the 2014 World Cup.  After the game, the bar cleared out and I sat at the bar to eat.

Abbey Burger has some interesting choices for their burgers.  I've had Llama, Kangaroo, Boar, Kobe Beef there previously to today's visit as my "burger meat".  Today they had Venison which I had to try.  I also ordered the Alligator Bites (which were awesome...sorry I forgot to take a picture), and my friend got the Crab Tater Tots (which you have to try but is enough for 2 people).

Abbey Burger Beer

I enjoy Abbey Burger since you can select one of their pre-made burgers or build your own.  One of my favorite pre-mades is the Adam Jones Burger (Simply AJ10), its a Kobe beef burger on an english muffin, with pepper jack cheese, avocado, jalapeños, bacon, chili pepper mayo, lettuce, and tomato served with a side of tater tots and nacho cheese.

I though tend to make my own burger.  So I ordered the meat of the month (Venison) on an English Muffin, with pepper jack cheese, grilled pineapple, onion ring, chipotle ketchup, salsa with a side of tater tots.  The burger was excellent just like every burger I've had at this place.  The beer is great too (I forget which one I got...I wanted to Alegash White but it was all out on tap so I got whatever the bar tender suggested).

After filling up at Abbey Burger I headed out to Camden Yards.

Pre-Game at Camden Yards


There was no give-a-way today but being a seasoned pro of the stadium I scouted for my freebies given out by vendors in the stadium.  My first visit was to the MASN tent right on Eutaw Street.  They were giving away T-Shirts if you followed them on Twitter.

MASN Free T-Shirt Front
MASN Free T-Shirt Back

I then proceeded to the Chevy table on the lower level behind base.  They are almost always here giving away free stuff such as a draw string bag.  Today they were giving away a T-shirt as well (you just have to sign up your name, address, etc on an iPad).

Chevy Free T-Shirt Front

So I ended up scoring 2 free T-Shirts before the game.

The starting pitcher for the Orioles was Kevin Gausman which I was excited to see.  The game started ok but Gausman gave up a home run to Brett Gardner in the first inning.  The game was pretty quiet until the bottom of the 4th inning when Chris Davis hit a 2 run homer, and the Orioles scored another run in the bottom of the 4th brining the score to Orioles 3, Yankees 1.

The Orioles got threw the top of the 5th and then the rain came.

Rain Delay Middle of the 5th
Initially, it was expected the game would re-start in about an hour.  However, after 3 hours of pouring rain the game was called and the Orioles took the win (I would have liked to see more of the game, but I'll take a win due to rules...after all it was the 2nd home Sunday win of the year).

Rain Delay



No comments:

Post a Comment