Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 20, 2014, Nationals Park (DC). Nationals vs Brewers, Bobblehead Give-A-Way.

So I planned to watch the Nationals vs the Brewers on July 20, 2014.  I should have known today wasn't going to be a good day for me to watch baseball (I was a little under the weather).  I woke up early to get to Greenbelt Metro to take the Metro to the Stadium.  To my surprise, Greenbelt Metro was closed due to construction and I had to take a bus from Greenbelt Metro to College Park Metro.  This delayed me to get to the gate on a Give-A-Way day for a Denard Span bobblehead.  I ended up getting to the gate around 10:30 AM (30 mins before opening) and there were tons of people in line already.

I was hoping to get a signature voucher but unfortunately they were gone by the time I entered the gate after opening (thanks Metro). 

It was muggy so I ended up getting my bobblehead and leaving (I didn't feel like waiting 2.5 hour for game time and then sitting out another 2.5 hours for the game given the weather, and I wasn't feeling great....not to mention the fun on the Metro).

So I got my bobblehead. 



The Nationals ended up winning 5-4 against the Brewers in the Bottom of the 9th (a good old walk-off).

No comments:

Post a Comment