Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 24, 2014, Prince George's Stadium (Bowie, MD). Bowie Baysox (Orioles AA affiliate) vs. Altoona Curve (Pirates AA affiliate).

On Thursday July 24, 2014, I attended the Bowie Baysox (Orioles AA Affiliate) take on the Altoona Curve (Pirate's AA Affiliate) in Bowie Maryland at Prince George's Stadium.  The day was also a Manny Machado Clause Bobblehead Give-A-Way and the Baysox Christmas in July celebration. 

Outside of Stadium (Prince George's Stadium)
I arrived at the Stadium about an hour before gate opening (gate opening is 1 hr before game time, tonight's game was at 6:05 PM...I arrived around 4:00 PM).  To my surprise there was a decent line even when I got to the Stadium.  Around 4:30 PM the line started to get long (the give-a-way was for the first 1,000 fans). 

Line at about 4:30 PM

The gates opened at 5:00 PM and I got my give-a-way.  After getting my Bobblehead I headed off to the team store to get my normal Baseball and Baseball Cap. 

Manny Clause Give-A-Way

Bowie Baysox Baseball

Bowie Baysox Hat

After picking up my merchandise at the team store I headed to Fan Assistance in order to get my Birdland Passport Stamp (I'm getting close to getting my free stuff...I only need 2 more stamps).

Birdland Passport, Bowie Baysox Stamp

After getting my give-a-way, merchandise, and passport stamped,  I ended up getting food.  I didn't see anything unique at the stadium, just the traditional ball park fare.  The prices were about the same as a Major League Stadium (I paid about $15 for a soda, chicken tenders, and fries). 

Souvenir Baysox Cup

Chicken Tenders

Once I ate my food I headed down to my seat.  My seat was directly behind the home team dugout in the first row (ticket price was about $15).  I had an excellent view of the game and the 1/2 inning festivities.

View from Seats

I even got to see Santa Clause, and the Bowie Baysox Mascot, Louie. 

Santa Clause and Louie

The game started off well for the Baysox.  The Baysox pitcher Zach Davies started off well pitching 2 shutout innings.  The Baysox rallied in the bottom of the 2nd inning scoring 6 runs.  Davies shutout the Curve until the 7th inning where he gave up the only run to the Curve for the night.  The Baysox won 9-1. 
Baysox Pitching

The Curve At Bat

I really enjoyed the game at the Baysox Stadium.  I got to see a couple players who may have some potential to follow based on relatives who have played or are playing in the Majors.  Sharlon Schoop was playing First Base for the Bowie Baysox who happens to be Jonathan Schoop's (the Orioles current Second Baseman) brother.  The Bowie Baysox Center Fielder, Mike Yastrzemski, is the grandson of the great Carl Yastrzemski.  I also got to see a few former Major leaguers in the dugout, including one recognizable former Oriole, BJ Surhoff (a roving Orioles Coach). 

Sharlon Schoop running to 1st



Mike Yastrzemski on 1st

Panorama of the Field


No comments:

Post a Comment