Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27, 2014, Harry Grove Stadium (Frederick, MD). Frederick Keys (Orioles A affiliate) vs. Lynchburg Hillcats (Braves A affiliate).

On Saturday, July 27, 2014, I attended the Frederick Keys vs the Lynchburg Hillcats in Frederick Maryland (Harry Grove Stadium).  The day was also a give-a-way for a Nick Markakis Bobblehead.

Line before Gate Opening
I pulled into the Stadium lot about an hour before gate opening (4PM) for the 6:05 PM game (Gates open and hour before game).  I was happy to see free parking, and also saw a bit of a line that had already formed.  The give-a-way was for the first 1,000 fans.

Nick Markakis Bobblehead
The gates opened on time at about 5PM and I successfully got my give-a-way.  After entering the Stadium I went to the Group Information Table on the first base side in order to get my Birdland Passport stamped for the Frederick Keys (I only need 1 more stamp!!!).

Birdland Passport and Frederick Keys Stamp

After I got my passport stamped I went to the team store to pick up a baseball and Keys hat.  I picked up an alternative Keys Hat which I believe was for their 4th of July celebration. 

Keys Baseball


Frederick Keys Hat
Once I got my passport stamped and purchased my Frederick Keys gear I wondered to get a soda (it was pretty hot to start out...luckily it cooled down around 7PM).  I bought an Keys Souvenir soda for $5 which allows for $3 refills. 

Souvenir Cup

I didn't start out getting food since it was a little early, but a few innings into the game I did get some food.  I settled for the Buffalo Chicken Tenders with fries.  My Dad got one of their special items for the game which I'll have to try the next time I'm there.  He got the Key Dog, which was a hot dog with crab, mac n cheese, and bacon.  It looked awesome (he said it was pretty good as well). 

Key Dog

I ended up sitting about 5 rows back from the visitor's dugout.  The views of the game from there were excellent. 
Key's Mascot Keyote
View From Seats
View From Seats

Before the game we got to see both teams take the field to begin warming up (a great time to get some autographs).

Lynchburg Hillcats

Frederick Keys

National Anthem

The Frederick Keys starting pitcher was Sebastian Vader.  Vader pitched an ok first inning, but gave up 4 runs in the top of the second inning.  They were hitting his pitches like crazy.  Vader gave up one more run in the top of the third and a new pitcher for the Keys was put in for the top of the fourth. 

Sebastian Vader for the Frederick Keys
Tucker Nathans for the Frederick Keys at Bat
Glynn Davis for the Frederick Keys at Bat

Dennis Torres pitched 4 solid innings for the keys giving up only 2 hits and no runs.  Lex Ruthledge was brought in for the Keys in the top of the Eighth inning and gave up one run in the top of the 9th.

Panorama for Harry Grove Stadium
The Keys ended up losing the game 6-3 to the Hillcats.

Scoreboard at middle of the 9th


No comments:

Post a Comment